- Permission to serve alcohol must be approved by NOVA Spektrum.
- Serving alcohol shall not occur unless it is natural to offer the customer refreshments in connection with a professional meeting.
- Alcoholic beverages and their storage should not be visibly located on the stand.
- Bar modules with a tapping tower must be neutral. Beverage brands such as Ringnes, Hansa, Becks etc. must be covered.
- If a bar is built up as a part of the stand. The bar must be built as neutral as possible.
- Alcoholic beverages should not be used as a selling point to attract new customers to the stand.
Below you will find current sections laid down in the Norwegian legislation regarding the serving of alcohol on the stand.
Please ensure that all exhibitors have read and understood these guidelines.
§ 1-5. Age limit on selling and serving alcohol
Sale and serving of alcoholic beverage group 3 must not take place to anyone under the age of 20. Sale and serving of low-alcohol beverages and alcoholic beverages group 1 and 2 must not take place to anyone under 18 years of age.
§ 8-9. Ban on serving and drinking
It is forbidden to drink or serve alcohol unless there is a permit for this.
Regulations on the sale of alcoholic beverages
These regulations are based on the following definitions:
- Non-alcoholic beverage: Beverage that contains less than 0.7 volume percent alcohol
- Low-alcohol beverage: A beverage that contains from and including 0.7 to 2.5 volume percent alcohol
- Alcoholic beverage group 1: Beverages containing more than 2.5 and not more than 4.7% by volume of alcohol
- Alcoholic beverage group 2: Beverages containing more than 4.7 and less than 22% alcohol by volume
- Alcoholic beverage group 3: Beverages that contain from and including 22 to and including 60 volume percent alcohol.
Anyone who sells or serving alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages in group 1 and
2 must have reached the age of 18, and the person who sells or serving alcoholic beverages in group 3 must have reached the age of 20.
Sales, delivery and serving of low-alcohol beverages and alcoholic beverages in groups 1 and 2 must not take place to persons under 18 years of age, personnel on stand have the right and obligation to demand identification in case of doubt about age.
Alcoholic beverages must not be served to a person who is obviously under the influence of drugs, or be dispensed in such a way that the person in question must be presumed to be obviously under the influence. If several people are sitting together and one or more of them are obviously under the influence of drugs, no alcoholic beverage must be served to any of them until the person or persons affected have been removed.
It must be ensured that persons who do not meet the age requirements in the Alcohol Act § 1-5 do not drink alcohol that is served to other guests.
It must be ensured that guests do not use alcoholic beverages brought with them, or bring alcoholic beverages when they leave the bar.
Advertising for alcoholic beverages is prohibited.